CITY ADMINISTRATOR’S OFFICE
Fairfield City Hall
222 S. Mount Street
Fairfield, Texas 75840
Monday – Friday
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
For more information on the City Administrator's Team
Mayor/Council Form of Government
The City of Fairfield is a Type A General Law Municipality with a Mayor/Council form of government. The mayor and five city council members elected-at-large are the governing body. The city administrator is appointed by the City Council to run the daily operations of the city.
The city administrator carries out policy and administers city programs as well supervises all department heads.
The city administrator is responsible for:
- Community and Economic Development
- Human Resources
- Municipal Court
- Parks and Recreation
- Police/Emergency Management
- Public Works
- Special Initiatives and Programs
- Streets, Water and Sewer
The City Secretary’s Office is responsible for the:
- Oversight of the election process
- Preparation of agendas and notifications
- Facilitation of Open Records requests
- Preservation of city records, including but not limited to: minutes, ordinances, resolutions, agendas and other legal city documents. The preservation of these records is in compliance with the Texas State Library and Archives Commission Records Retention Schedule.
- Delivery of utility customer services